A portable propane torch is an easy way to eradicate weeds from paver patios or gravel driveways without applying harmful herbicides.
- Torches are ideal for killing weeds along non-flammable areas such as sidewalk cracks and rocky terrain.
- Never torch weeds growing on dry or combustible materials, or during periods of drought.
- The 36 inch handle of the Bernzomatic Lawn and Garden Torch makes it easy to remove weeds without bending or crouching.
- Never burn poison ivy or other poisonous plants. The smoke can cause serious allergic reactions.
- Read our General Safety Precautions before starting your project.
- Read the instructions that come with your torch before beginning your project.
- Always remove torch from fuel cylinder and store fuel in an upright position after completing your project.
- Sweep the area free of debris, particularly loose combustible materials.
- Light the torch and walk slowly in the area to be weeded, passing the flame along the weeds.
- Apply the torch to the root or leaves of the weeds, which will cause the moisture within the weed to instantly evaporate, causing the weed to die.
- Sweep any extinguished remnants from the area.