If you’re no scout, you can light campfires quickly and easily with a Bernzomatic campfire torch.
- Read our General Safety Precautions before starting your project.
- Read the instructions that come with your torch before use.
- Be sure to place your torch and fuel cylinder well away from the campfire when you have finished using them.
- Always remove torch from fuel cylinder and store fuel in an upright position after using the torch.
- Always clear an adequate space for a campfire. Check surroundings for hanging branches, loose brush and other flammable materials.
- Create a base for your campfire with newspaper or dry kindling such as twigs and wood shavings . Stack larger sticks over the kindling in a pyramid or crisscross pattern.
- Light your torch and put the flame to the dry kindling for 30 to 45 seconds. Maximize air movement by aiming the torch six inches from the base of the fire.
- Watch for flames to appear within the smoke. When the fire has caught, turn off the torch.
- Stack additional wood on the fire as needed.